Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back to the Basics

Glory to God! For he is truly worthy to be praised!!!

For the past few days, I have been experiencing a battle within my mind. The enemy tried to use my thoughts to trap and defeat me but, because I serve a God who never leaves me or forsakes me, what the enemy meant for my evil has turned out to be God's plan for my victory!

Let me just pause for a moment to say "HALLELUJAH"

In the midst of the war that was going on inside of me, I began to wonder why the enemy kept bringing negative thoughts and moments from my past back to the surface of my head and I realized that because the enemy has no control over our futures, he has to hold us back with our past but I decided that I would not fall doomed to the traps of satan and I began to pray for renewal of my mind, and restoration.

As I began to pray for restoration, God began to show me something vital not only to me but to you reading this as well. He began to show me that in order to be restored, it was important that I got back to the basics.

Sometimes we veer off so far into temptation, sin, and on the wrong path that God has to pull us back to where we first began in order for us to experience true peace of mind.

So today I ask you, where were you where you first began your walk with chirst? What was it that gave you peace of mind and granted you an abundance of victorious thoughts?

As I began to take a deep look into myself and into my life I realized that though I thought I was operating in my gift of inspiring others and speaking positive words into their lives, I got so caught up in the hype of the world and in the hype of myself that I neglected the gift that I should have been operating in all along that would have made room for me to achieve all my other dreams later down the line.

Today, I stand before you ready to get back in the fight, ready to return back to the basics, and ready to give God all the praise, honor, and glory because in the midst of my storm, God comforted me, In the midst of my sin, God cleansed me, In the midst of my battles, God protected me, In the midst of sickness, God healed me, In the midst of darkness, God showed me the light, and in the midst of me veering in the wrong direction, God pulled me in and allowed me to return Back to the Basics.

I'm so excited to know that we serve a God of Grace and Mercy! He has given me a fresh start even though I don't deserve it and for that I shall praise him the rest of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment